Private Company Transfer Agent Services
Privately-held companies that track investors on spreadsheets should consider using Colonial Stock Transfer's online cap table management platform designed for companies with more than 10 shareholders starting at $0/mo. Our unique private company platform provides comprehensive online cap table management tools comparable to do-it-yourself software models at a fraction of the price and include integrated full services.
Here are some benefits of using Colonial Stock Transfer for your private company's stock transfer agent services:
- Cap table management: manage your cap table online with our custom features and tools including full investor management and communication tools, stock issuances, stock award and option tracking, employee plan administration, shareholder meeting and voting, SEC and state filings, investor website, and newswire services.
- Electronic Shares: Our system allows us to issue paperless stock certificates, allowing for the elimination of lost certificates, shipping fees, and storage.
- Legal Expertise: Whether it be the IRS cost basis or standard Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) stock transfer rules, our team can guide you and handle your transactions with the proficiency required.
- Cost Savings: Our private company services provide reduced pricing with the same online tools and an integrated full service team to help you with your cap table needs.
- Professional Transfer Agent: Colonial has been an SEC registered transfer agent in good standing since its opening in 1987 and has worked with hundreds of private companies, servicing their cap table and investor record needs. You can utilize Colonial's professional transfer agent expertise and network to broaden and ensure regulatory compliance and a smooth transition to taking your company public or to maintain your private company's records.
- Going Public: Our public company team of professionals can help prepare your private company records and submit the applications and items needed for transition to the NASDAQ, NYSE or OTC exchanges.
- Cloudraise Funding Platform: Raise money privately through Reg A+ or Reg D 506 using our funding portal software on your website.
In a private company, the shareholder recordkeeping responsibility generally falls to an employee or an outside law-firm. In either case, the job may fall on someone poorly trained, or to a law firm which is unnecessarily expensive. Shareholders may be negatively impacted through having to deal with physical stock certificates, inexperienced staff, or a general lack of knowledge of transfer agent rules.
Shareholders who receive a “paper” stock certificate from time to time must safeguard this negotiable instrument. If a public offering takes place, the shareholder must physically surrender the security, risking the loss of the certificate and subsequently having to replace it with an expensive insurance bond.
These problems under certain circumstances can be magnified. For example, if a growing number of employee shareholders exist under an employee ownership plan, the task becomes more complex and difficult to handle as stock transfer activity increases. Additionally, if the company is on track to go public, the accuracy of the records is extremely important, and becomes ever more complex with additional SEC requirements that you may face. A stock transfer agent that can handle your most important transactions with the required know-how will be beneficial to you not only in the short-term as a private company, but also when you make that next step towards becoming public.
Colonial Can Assist You Today!
Call Toll-Free (877) 285-8605 or click here to request more information.