Colonial Stock Transfer Company, Inc. ("Colonial") understands that privacy is an important issue for our customers. We place a high priority on the protection of personal information that you provide to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal financial information. Accordingly, Colonial has implemented numerous physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to prevent the unauthorized sharing of personal shareholder information. Please be aware that this policy applies to former customers as well as current customers.
We do not disclose personal information about shareholders to any third party (other than the issuer of the security), except:
- When a shareholder requests a transaction to be administered or processed.
- When the shareholder requests or authorizes that their account information be shared or released.
- When the disclosure is necessary for Colonial to perform its duties. An example would be the company that searches for lost security holders.
- When the disclosure is required by law. An example would be providing information to industry regulators, to law enforcement agencies, for fraud prevention, or to resolve customer disputes.
How Information Is Obtained
Information collected by us may come from the following sources:
- Stock Transfers and Issuances – information received from you, your brokerage firm, or the issuer such as your name, address, telephone number, social security number, etc. Because we strive to provide the best service to you, it is important to keep this information complete and accurate. Please contact us if you need to update or correct your personal information.
- Transactions – information relating to transfers, account balances, positions, etc.
- Other sources – information which may be received from other sources with your consent.
How You Are Protected
Colonial uses physical, electronic and procedural system safeguards to store and secure information about you in compliance with federal standards. Our system protects your information from unauthorized access and use. Access is permitted only to those individuals within our organization who need the information to perform their job responsibilities.
Colonial thanks you for your continued support and for your business. Again, we reiterate our pledge to protect your privacy as outlined above.
We have been in business for 30 years as an independently owned transfer agent, and are committed to providing the best value to you and your shareholders.