When transferring stock
certificates, please send your original stock certificate and the
following directly to Colonial Stock
Transfer Co (CST):
1. Transfer Instruction Letter: Please send in our Transfer Instruction Letter when completing a transfer. Please complete all sections (A-G).
- Section A - Certificates To Be Transferred: Include the current owners name (exactly as listed on the stock certificate), SSN/TIN, and the certificate information.
- Section B - New Registration: Include names,
addresses, and Social Security Numbers for all individuals receiving shares and the share amounts they will receive.
See Also: What shareholder information is required to issue stock?
- Section C - Signatures: Sign the transfer instructrion letter whether you are transferring to another party or not. If you are transferring the shares to parties or names other than those listed on the stock certificates, please obtain a Medallion Signature Guarantee.
See Also: Medallion Signature Guarantee
- Section D - Substitute W-9 Form: This section should be signed by each new owner to avoid backup withholding on any future payments made to the owner.
- Section E - Cost Basis Information: This section is used to report cost basis information to CST pursuant to the IRS cost basis reporting regulations effected on January 1, 2011.
- Section F - Shipping Information: We strongly recommend having your stock certificates sent and
returned via courier service
(Fed Ex, UPS, etc.). To view our courier shipping fees sent through Fed Ex, please view our Transfer Instruction Letter. If you wish to ship using UPS or an alternate courier please disclose your
account number. For international shipments, please contact us for pricing. Please ensure that you
include a valid shipping
address. (couriers do not
deliver to P.O. boxes). Please note that Colonial will not be responsible for certificates that are lost in the mail and additional replacement fees may be incurred.
- Section G - Fees: The fees for transfer are listed in this section. Please include a payment of the applicable fees with your transfer.
2. Payment: Include a check
payable to Colonial Stock Transfer
for the amount of services due. The applicable fees for the type of transfer you are doing can be found in Section G of the Transfer Instruction Letter.
3. Ownership Change Forms: If the certificate(s) is changing
ownership in any way, please ensure
that the back of the certificate(s) or Transfer Instruction Letter is properly
endorsed by the authorized person(s)
with a Medallion Signature Guarantee. Please be sure to fill in all information when sending the Transfer Instruction Letter or Stock Power: include the certificate number, number of shares, the name of the security, and the transferees. Please note that we do not accept blank stock powers.
Please follow the instructions below when transferring from the following entities:
- Broker Custodians: If the certificate is registered in a broker custodian account name, the broker custodian will need to send in a medallion guaranteed stock power, signed by the broker, to transfer ownership back to the beneficiary.
- Business Entities: If the certificate is being
transferred from a business entity, such as a corporation, partnership or LLC,
in addition to sending a stock power, please include a copy of the Corporate Resolution, Partnership Agreement or LLC Certification,
which indicates who the authorized
signatories are for that entity.
- Trusts: If the certificate is being transferred to or from a trust, please see our Frequently Asked Questions for instructions.
4. Deceased Owner Forms: For transfers from a deceased shareholder, see our Frequently Asked Questions for instructions on different scenarios.
5. Restriction Removal Forms: For transfers involving restricted legend removals please see removing restrictions.
usually takes 1 - 3 business days to process
your request and return your
certificates. Rush requests are
processed on the same day that the transfer request is received for an additional