Section 16 Ownership Filings: Forms 3, 4, and 5
The Form 3 must be filed with the SEC within 10 days of the insider becoming affiliated with the company. An insider (affiliate) may be an officer, director, or a shareholder owning 10% or more of the company's outstanding shares. Official SEC Form 3 Instructions
The Form 4 must be filed with the SEC before the end of the second business day following the day on which a transaction resulting in a change in beneficial ownership of an insider has occurred. An insider (affiliate) may be an officer, director, or a shareholder owning 10% or more of the company's outstanding shares. Official SEC Form 4 Instructions
The Form 5 must be filed by any insiders who have transactions during the year that would be exempt from a Form 4 filing (typically gift transactions). This form must be filed with the SEC no later than 45 days after the company's fiscal year end. An insider (affiliate) may be an officer, director, or a shareholder owning 10% or more of the company's outstanding shares. Official SEC Form 5 Instructions
For specific questions regarding any of these rules please contact your attorney.
Colonial can assist you with your Form 3, 4, or 5 filing - $50
To file Forms 3, 4, and 5, please send in a completed Form 3, 4 or 5 Template via fax or email. Note the forms on our website are fillable to better assist you. Once the form is received we will send a proof for your review. Upon approval, we will file and send a confirmation to your email.
If you have any questions on this process or want to get started, please email email@example.com.
Need a Stock Option Tracking and Administration solution?
For issuers that wish to track and keep record of options in a more detailed manner, can use Colonial's stock option tracking program. Our option tracking program is a fully secure web-based solution for managing and accounting for stock based compensation. Colonial's stock option tracking program can perform all the functions associated with the accounting, management and administration of employee stock options including, but not limited to:
- Automatic calculation of the Black Scholes and the Binomial valuation Values
- Full support for options, restricted shares, convertible debentures, warrants, performance options, SAR's, Deferred Share Units, consultant options and Phantom Shares
- Full support for both uniform and non-uniform vesting schedules
- Automatic generation of all the disclosures needed for the quarterly and annual disclosures
- Automatic generation of option statements, grant letters and employee option status letters
- As a web-based application, you can get your employees to have direct access to the system where they would be able to see the status of their own options, and to enter their requests for exercising the options. Many companies consider this as an employee benefit.
- Support for downloading all the data into Excel
- Management and accounting for performance options
- Management and accounting for variable accounting grants (such as liability-type instruments and consultant options)
FAS123(R) compliant expense values, notes and proxy disclosures, and FAS128 compliant share dilution report
- IFRS-2 compliant option expense, reporting and disclosures, and IAS-33 compliant share dilution report.
To learn more, please click here or call 801-355-5740 Ext. 104.